14th June 2016
Terms of website use
Information about us
www.stonbury.com is a site operated by Stonbury Limited (Stonbury or We). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 01721842 and have our registered office at 187C High Street, Cranfield, Bedfordshire, MK43 0JB. Our main trading address is Unit 4, Phoenix Enterprise Park, Grovehill Road, Beverley, East Yorkshire, HU17 0JG.
Accessing our site
Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our site without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You will be permitted to access the areas of the site which relate to projects for your organisation where you are a named participant. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our site, or our entire site, to users who have registered with us.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
Intellectual property rights
Stonbury Limited is the owner of all intellectual property rights in the software used on our site and we are licenced to use those intellectual property rights. Except for content created by users on the Forum, We own all the material published on our Site including text, photographs and video. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for the purpose of monitoring our provision of a project to your organisation and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the materials on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Post Contract File
We permit you to download one copy of the information on our site relating to your project as a Post Contract File. The copyright in the text, photographs and other images included in the Post Contract File are owned by Stonbury. You are permitted to reproduce the Post Contract File provided that you reproduce the copyright wording on the front sheet of the Post Contract File.
It is your responsibility to check the content of the Post Contract File to ensure that it meets your requirements. Stonbury do not guarantee that the materials contained in the Post Contract File are:
- complete, accurate or up to date; or
- do not contain typographical or grammatical errors; or
- are suitable for disclosure to third parties without editing.
Reliance on information posted
Unless otherwise stated, commentary and other materials posted on our site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
Our site changes regularly
We aim to update our site regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our site, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
The material displayed on our site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, other members of our group of companies and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
- All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
- Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill;
- wasted management or office time; and
for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, provided that this condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Information about you and your visits to our site
Transactions concluded through our site
Contracts for the supply of services to you cannot be obtained through our site or as a result of visits made by you. Such matters are governed by our terms and conditions of supply and you are to call 01482 881198 for any such enquiries.
Uploading material to our site
You must not upload any data onto our site.
Viruses, hacking and other offences
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Linking to our site
You may not link to our home page or to our site whatsoever.
If you wish to make any use of material on our site, please address your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links from our site
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Use of the Forum
The following terms apply to the use of the Forum:
The Forum is fully moderated. Every contribution submitted to the Forum (Contribution) will be checked by us for compliance with our content standards (Content Standards) set out below as soon as reasonably practicable after it is published. We will try to publish as many Contributions as we can but we cannot guarantee that all Contributions will be published. We also cannot guarantee how quickly Contributions will be posted on the Forum as this will depend on other editorial commitments.
Although the Forum is fully moderated, we are under no obligation to you or any other person to oversee, monitor or moderate the Forum or any other service we provide on our site and we may stop moderating the Forum at any time. We reserve the right to remove, or to disable access to, any Contribution which we deem to be potentially defamatory of any person or which we deem unlawful or in violation of any third party rights. We expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of the Forum by any person in contravention of these Rules.
There is no limit word limit to the length of a Contribution.
Your name, your position, the name of your company and location will appear as part of your Contribution when published.
To enable us to publish comments from as many different people as possible, please refrain from posting multiple Contributions. Multiple Contributions may discourage others who might otherwise wish to take part.
These Content Standards apply to each part of a Contribution as well as to its whole. The Content Standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. We will determine, in its discretion, whether a Contribution breaches the Content Standards.
A Contribution must:
- Be accurate (where it states facts).
- Be genuinely held (where it states opinions).
- Comply with the law applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted.
- Be relevant.
A Contribution must not:
- Be defamatory of any person.
- Be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Disclose the name, address, telephone, mobile or fax number, e-mail address or any other personal data in respect of any individual.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Be in contempt of court.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that the Contribution emanates from Stonbury Limited if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote, incite any third party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act.
- Contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.
- Contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites.
By submitting a Contribution to the Forum, you agree to grant Stonbury Limited a non-exclusive licence to use that Contribution. Although you will still own the copyright in your Contribution, we will have the right to freely use, edit, alter, reproduce, publish and/or distribute the material contained in your Contribution. This licence will be free of charge, perpetual and capable of sub-licence. We may exercise all copyright and publicity rights in the material contained in your Contribution in all jurisdictions, to their full extent and for the full period for which any such rights exist in that material.
Please also note that, in accordance with the Content Standards, you must ensure that your Contribution does not infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person. By submitting your Contribution to the Forum, you are warranting that you have the right to grant Stonbury the non-exclusive copyright licence described above.
If you are not in a position to grant such a licence to Stonbury, please do not submit the Contribution to the Forum.
Breach of the Forum Rules
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the Forum.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Contribution already posted on the Forum.
- Issue of a warning to you and notify your employer that such a warning has been issued.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of these Rules. The actions described above are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
If you wish to complain about any Contribution posted to the Forum, please contact us at email@example.com. We will then review the Contribution and decide whether it complies with our Content Standards. We will deal with any Contribution which, in our opinion, violates our Content Standards as described above (see section "Breach of these Rules"). We will inform you of the outcome of our review within a reasonable time of receiving your complaint.
Jurisdiction and applicable law
The English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to our site although we retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these conditions in your country of residence or any other relevant country.
If you have any concerns about material which appears on our site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for visiting our site.