Stonbury are immensely proud to be supporting our clients across the UK at such a crucial time and have been designated as 'key workers' by DEFRA and the UK water utility companies. Our teams are working tirelessly to help secure and maintain drinking water supplies, ensuring clean and safe drinking water is provided without interruption to critical services such as our hospitals as well as the general public. Now more than ever, the safety and wellbeing of our staff is of the utmost importance and we have adapted our safe working practices to ensure social distancing precautions are in place and that the correct hygiene practices are being followed. Safety is our priority, and we endeavour to make sure everyone at Stonbury goes home safe to their family.
After two rounds of intense judging, we are very proud to have made the National Water Industry Awards 2020 shortlist.
The entry sits within the 'Most Innovative New Technology of the Year' category, for the design and production of magnetic vent covers, developed for an ongoing upstand refurbishment programme.
The magnetic vent covers were designed by Stonbury to replace the standard push-fit vent which are single-use items, can be unreliable and often difficult to install.
- Assuring the absolute integrity of potable water storage assets
- Maintaining air-flow into the water head-space
- Keeping the asset 'live' and in supply
- Finding a non-aggressive engineering means of replacing the vent without prejudicing water quality in the process
- Simple to use, fast to install, reusable, easy to clean and adjustable!
Please view the fantastic animation below and wish us luck, the winner will be announced in May.